Thursday, August 26, 2010

                           


I had the best time visiting Lima, Peru. On my way back to check into Chavez International airport for my flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina. There were a lot of Peruvian people in a frenzie, trying to take pictures with these men, of whom I thought were soccer players. More people started rushing over, and I followed. I asked people in spanish. Donde estan ellos? (who are they?) When I learned that it was Ex-President of Peru Dr. Alejandro Toledo, I put my paparrazi hat on and wiggled through the crowd and got close enough to follow him to the exit. At the exit I said hello, may I have a picture with you?" he replied, who are you and where are you from in English? I said, Estados Unidos (United States), and I know you spoke at Stanford University. He smiled, and told his secret service men to take my camera and take the picture. I was so greatful for the photol!! This was indeed one of my best, and rare moments while visiting Peru. President Toledo of Peru  is so patient, and humble.  Below is a link of Ex-President Dr. Alejandro Toledo speaking at Stanford University



http://cddrl.stanford.edu/news/former_president_of_peru_gives_first_of_three_payne_lectures_20080125

No comments:

Post a Comment